Pages

Sunday 26 January 2014

MO14

I had a snoop around a design institution this weekend: Maison et Objet, Paris - arguable the most revered and on-trend home and interiors trade show in the world. 

And what did I find in eight halls of design inspirations? Erm...a cat lamp (I know - I really should have my Snooty Interiors Professional Membership Badge revoked). But in my defense it was a beautifully designed cat lamp and I did catch a few other inspiring bits too:

The cat lamp in question (am I forgiven?!) from Eno Studio along with...

These animal hangers that are rather nifty too... 
The raw edge wood look was a show fave, this is from a brand called La Loue who make contemporary furniture from wood from the Loue Valley. 
I had my eye on this little set up from Ligne Roset...
Maison had put on some beautiful trend exhibitions including: this amazing lighting displays, a futuristic theme (including a fantastic gold spacesuit), cyber aquatic trends (which I couldn't *quite* get my head around - too many fish bones for me...)

Along with (my favourite) Creative Territories, talk about the best bathroom tiles ever...
 Many marvellous mugs from Berlin's Kuhn Keramik...
The best use of sequins goes to the ever colour confident Jonathan Alder...
We fell for the very cool, whimsical illustrations from Rosie Wonders (along with perfect pegboard on the stand - I need some of this in my life/room!)
I might have even got a Rosie Wonders tattoo (fake I promise Mum!)...
House Doctor's stand was packed with consistently simple and lovely homeware pieces as ever, I'm already deciding where I'll put that mint green tray table...
And who could pass Andrew Martin's stand without wanting a piece of this Batman artwork (or at least just the neon bats...)?!
It was extra nice to visit some of the ace brands that I work with in my day job at Maison this year too - Anorak (keep an eye out for the giant kissing rabbits on their stand)...
And Thornback & Peel and their excellent new geometric sardine tin print... 
In Paris I also had a chance to see Centre Pompidou...
The ceramic wonders in the Astier de Villatte shop (love the orange segment plate!)...
 This griffin...
And this rather grumpy looking merman/sailor...

Finally here's your intrepid Parisian designer explorer about to fall asleep on the Eurostar after 100,000,000 miles of traipsing the halls of Maison (numbers might be slightly over exaggerated due to tiredness...).

No comments:

Post a Comment