Pages

Saturday 25 May 2013

Being Awesome in Verona

A day in Verona, a new camera, some pizza money and a copy of Be Awesome, by Hadley Freeman. Sounds like my kind of perfect: 
The town is actually a world heritage site and, boy, can you tell - the building are so beautiful and kept wonderfully well:


Beautiful stonework and details still intact:





There were incredible churches - this one was called the Anastasia: 



These are from another church just around the corner (there were so many beautiful ones!) Love the griffin: 


And the Arena, originally a Roman Ampitheatre it has been restored and is still used for opera and concerts today: 




I thought my gladiator sandals fitted in very well here!


And here's the rest of me!


I went in early May, the weather was warm but a little patchy at times (obviously not when these pics were taken!) I flew BA and it cost £75 return - very much recommended for a weekend, at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment