Pages

Monday 6 December 2010

Toast, Honition

Ok, so I went all the way to antiques haven Honiton (Kirstie Allsopp has been spotted there I hear) and it was a coffee shop that caught my eye. Well a girl's gotta warm up somehow!

Toast is a fresh new addition to this Devon town, that has just been opened by the team behind the local Otter Brewery. I love it already, after my first visit this weekend. It hits the nail on the head as the perfect stylish teatime spot for this town famous for its (totally potterable) antiques shops.
Toast offers a rather lovely ever-changing choice of cake...I had the most amazing jaffa-cake muffin which I can safely say was even better than an actual jaffa cake, controversial I know.

But it was the decor that really impressed me. Toast's spot-on interior doesn't stray too far from Honiton's antique-y style with original distressed wood pieces and tastefully cool xmas decs. A perfect spot-off for casual antique browsers, it's a lovely addition the the town...and my list of cake recommendations.


No comments:

Post a Comment