Pages

Sunday 27 February 2011

Greenwich Market and shops, SE10

A damp potter around Greenwich Market cheered up my miserable Saturday. There wasn't too much on show for interiors devotees but strolling around the busy stalls I was far too busy admiring craftwork, handmade jewellery and lots of vintage fashion to really notice.
The amazing paper cut art shop in the market made any interiors disappointment easy to get over. The Paper Moon shop shows the genuine pieces by the artist/owner, each listing the length of time she spent making them - up to 19 hours!
The mostly vintage shops were fashion heavy but they still came up with a couple of interiors gems...with changing room wallpaper catching my eye...
Vintage signs that could make any design fan, even me(!), interested in oil...
Along with an abundance of brilliant clothing from any era you fancy. In particular I spied lots of bright prints - not very wearable for me, but I'd be quite tempted to attempt to turn them into cushion covers...

Ending with the obligatory tea and cake to end the day...
With cool café decor to remind me it was time to fly home.

No comments:

Post a Comment