Pages

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Decorating on a budget part 2...

On my continuing mission to make my bedroom (in particular my built-in wardrobe) fabulous without breaking the bank I have a plan...

My mission is to find myself a wonderful wallpaper to line the doors of the vast wardrobe, making it tres chic on the cheap.

My first plan was to attempt a sample extravaganza, collating strips and cut-offs of wallpapers from all my wish-list designers (read: a trip to Chelsea Harbour Design Centre) to create a colourful mix of patterns, prints, plains and textures. But perhaps a little hectic for the calm sanctuary of the bedroom? Maybe, but the idea of making it my own does warm my cockles.

But now I have and spotted this beautiful and most apt trompe l'oeil by hand-painted wallpaper designer Deborah Bowness. I adore it, it is fun, clever and oh-so-pretty.

I'm so torn now! Crafty cheapy plan or dream wallpaper?!

http://pitchdesignunion.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/255695821_a813ce2364.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment